THE PDC are to continue their continental growth next year, with the introduction of a Premier League night in Germany, a European Qualifying School and a European Tour event in Copenhagen being confirmed on the 2018 PDC Calendar.
Another huge year of PDC darts will see the sport’s expansion at a professional level continue, particularly with further growth across Europe.
New tournaments of note in 2018 include…
- The Premier League will visit Germany (Berlin) for the first time (February).
- The European Tour has a second Dutch event added, Zwolle will join Maastricht in staging a tournament in 2018.
- The European Tour will also expand to 13 tournaments, with a new competition being staged in Copenhagen as Denmark hosts a PDC ranking event for the first time.
- The exciting expansion of darts throughout Europe will see a European Qualifying School staged in Hildesheim, Germany simultaneously with the UK Qualifying School in Wigan from January 18-21.
As far as televised events go, the early part of 2018 will be dominated by the Premier League, with the most notable highlights being…
- Opening Night: Dublin, 01 February
- Judgment Night: Belfast, 29 March
- Play Offs: Wembley, 17 May
Televised events in the Summer include…
- World Cup (early June)
- World Matchplay (July)
No dates or venues have been confirmed for the World Series of Darts, but typically we can expect those to be held from the early Summer through to the Autumn.
Televised events really ramp up in the Autumn, with the…
- Champions League of Darts in late September
- World Grand Prix early October
- European Championship in late October.
As normal, the year will finish with a flurry of high quality televised events, with November seeing three events…
- World Series Finals
- The Grand Slam
- Players Championship Finals
As is traditional, the year will close with the World Championships in late December.
Article image: pdc.tv